Copperchase offer a unique and innovative VDF solution for aviation applications through the use of both COTS products and equipment designed specifically for DF applications in an ATC environment.
The unique flexibility of the VDF solution, in terms of the display equipment and number of simultaneously monitored frequency channels, provides the customer with a level of system reconfiguration capability.
Some of the key technical features of the VDF solution are:
- A unique blend of both COTS and bespoke equipment
- Highly cost-effective solution.
- Effective Integrated Support Solution (ISS) strategy with ISS influencing equipment and system design-.
- Effective Man–Machine Interface (MMI) with single-action operation
- System based on modularised equipment providing increased flexibility
- Up to 4 frequencies can be monitored simultaneously with only one EDF processor
- Multiple interface capability providing direct connections to other multiple systems
- Equipment based upon the latest state-of-the-art FPGA technology utilising System-on-Chip (SoC) architectures.
Overview of System Equipment Set
The equipment set consists of a complete DF path, from the antenna through to the display unit.
In order to meet the requirements of a VDF system for aviation applications, the system comprises the following:
- Antenna system.
- DF receiver (1 receiver per frequency).
- EDF processor (the quantity depends on the number simultaneous frequencies to be monitored).
- Display unit.
Copperchase can also supply other items, such as antenna masts, fixings, cabling, and full installation and calibration services.