Effective operator or pilot control of airfield lighting is critical to the safe operation of an installation and traditional radio Pilot Controlled Lighting (PCL) solutions using the VHF radio is a tried and trusted method.
Now there is a new way to control your lighting and peripheral circuits using the new Copperchase Remote Lighting Controller (RLC) which integrates both traditional VHF PCL and adds SMS control and monitoring with the option of automatic weather reporting (including wind speed/direction, temperature, dew point and pressure) right from your airfield or helipad.
The new Copperchase Remote Lighting Controller has a fully digital design that combines ease of installation and use with sophisticated yet simple and secure configuration via the IP65 rated keypad and LCD display or via SMS.
- Traditional VHF Pilot Controlled Lighting (PLC) configuration
- Simple radio, including frequency, setting through front panel – no fiddly switches
- Defined number of presses to activate Circuits 1, 2 or 3
- Programmable timeout period
- VHF operation can be remotely enabled/disabled for extra security
- Direct circuit control via keypad (with PIN)
- FCC/EU approved, Integrated tri-band GSM Telemetry Engine for SMS control
- Secure PIN code protected SMS commands to monitor and control your installation
- Secure SMS status reporting – check out your installation before taking off
- Remotely activate Circuits 1, 2 or 3 and have the status sent straight back to your mobile
- Remotely monitor and control via optional GSM linked Mimic Panel
- Optional weather station interface for Met information from your helipad
- Three 20 Amp heavy duty relays in the box – Enables linked peripheral shutdown
- Local and remote test and diagnostics integrated into the unit
- Very low power consumption – Approx. 2W (idle) and less than 30W max. (including optional internal winter heater)
- Operates from 110-240V AC 50-60Hz or 12V DC (ideal for solar and batteries
The best of both worlds – The Copperchase all new Remote Lighting Controller takes a fresh approach to controlling your lighting installation by applying sophisticated microcontrollers to integrate and control a traditional PCL with the added ease and convenience of control and monitoring via any mobile device that can send and receive text messages (SMS).
There are three microcontrollers dedicated to making the Copperchase RLC both powerful but incredibly easy to use -everything can be securely configured (there are three levels of PIN code protection) through the front panel – frequencies, timeout periods, operating modes, relay testing and system diagnostics. Many parameters can be checked, monitored and changed via simple text messages (using the same secure PIN codes).
We are not just selling you a box but a service. Should you forgot your PIN code, call us up and we can reset it over the air. Over time we will be adding more functionality such as remote diagnostics, web based logging and reporting – see who used the system and when.
The Copperchase RLC is ideal for remote locations with limited or no mains power. The unit runs either from its internal 110-240V AC Power Supply Unit but can also run on 12V DC and with its incredibly low 2 Watt standby power consumption is ideal for operating from batteries charged by solar or wind generators.
Summary of Specifications
|Controller modes||3 - Local keypad, VHF PCL or GSM/SMS or both|
|System security||PIN Code (keypad and GSM)|
|VHF Frequency Range||118 to 136 MHz|
|Channel spacing (current)||25kHz|
|Channel spacing (future)||8.33kHz|
|Frequency selection||Any channel or UNICOM|
|VHF aerial||External remote mounted|
|Network||Operators choice subject to coverage|
|Tariff||Account or pre-pay|
|GSM aerial options||Internal to unit or remote mounted|
|Degree of protection||IP65 (general)|
|LCD and Keypad protection||IP65 and ‘vandal resistant’|
|Unit operating temperature||-25°C to +50°C|
|System Storage temperature||-25°C to +80°C|
|Operating voltage (AC)||100-240V AC 50-60Hz|
|Operating voltage (DC)||12V DC|
|Max voltage range (DC)||10V – 15V DC|
|Power (standby)||2 watts (approx.)|
|Power (GSM transmitting)||10 watts (maximum)|
|Relay capacity||3 off 20A Relays (1 NO, 1NC) DIN rail mounting|
|Max power consumption||30 watts (including optional winter heater)|
|Size (Height, Depth, Width)||H - 11” (280mm), D - 6.5” (165mm), W - 7” (180mm)|
|Warranty||2 years return to Copperchase (excluding relays)|
Optional Weather Station
- Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Dew Point
- Simple single power and data cable connection to RLC (no additional power requirements)
- Meteorological data available via SMS and added to every SMS lighting control command confirmation
- Robust and weather resistant with no moving parts